8 important points to note on website content writing!
Your website is a place to market company’s products and services to online customers. So, it is important to ensure your website’s content is top notch. These website content writing tips will enhance your audiences’ reading experience.
70% of companies exceeding their revenue goals attract more than 10,000 website visitors per month. Inbound Leads cost 61% less than Outbound Leads.
A complete website should contain quality information, quality presentation, and quality writing. High quality content will rank higher in search engine results.
Check out these important points to note while writing content for your website:
- Create original: It is important to create original content for your website. Copying from other sources will result in punishment from Google. Creating original content helps in building credibility with visitors and expands your readers’ base. Fresh, unique content can help in improving incoming links which helps to boost your search engine rankings.
- Create strong headlines: Headlines are the center of attraction of every website. The vast majority of people will go through your headlines whereas considerably less people will go through the rest of your content.
- Give the readers actionable content: Information on your website should be relatable and actionable to increase readers’ attention & the time they spend on the website. It should give the users an idea of how they can relate themselves to the content and solution, if any.
- Try to provide answers: Your content must be informative that people should be able to gain knowledge and find answers fast. The content should have supporting information to justify the answer.
- Be accurate while sourcing information: Your website is the reflection of your company and so it is important to link right to the statistics and the sources.
- Updating content to your website or Blog: New posts and content updates could attract traffic to your website by boosting your search engine optimization. So, make an effort to add/update content at least twice a week.
- Communicate through relevant images and videos: It is a common human nature that they can be attracted to and remember the visuals rather than plain text. Visual Content Marketing is the next big thing. Use images, videos, infographics and more to attract the attention of your audience.
- Take different audiences into account: When organizing your content, make sure you start with the most relevant user. Identify the different kind of people who could probably visit your website regularly. Target your content primarily for your potential client/customer and also interesting to the common audience.
Though there are a lot of things to consider while writing content for your website, these points will serve as the base to start writing engaging content.
Let us know your thoughts as comments below.